Lahlouh’s business model is built on solving end to end supply chain problems not simply processing transactional print orders. Lahlouh is a partner that focuses on developing collaborative, comprehensive solutions that endeavor to meet all the communication needs of our clients’ dynamic and evolving marketplaces.
Lahlouh's mission is to provide the highest quality, most cost-effective business communications solutions available.
Core capabilities include:
- Sheet-fed offset print
- Dynamic digital print
- Full service bindery and assembly
- Online Solutions
- Fulfillment / Distribution logistics
- Packaging Design
- Marketing promotions
Position: CAD Structural Designer
Reports to: CAD Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location/Shift: Burlingame, CA / Day Shift
The CAD Structural Designer, combining clients’ specifications with artistic talent, designs custom folders, carriers housing units, envelopes, promotional kits, presentation, retail and industrial packaging using computer software along with a computer-driven sample table, in an efficient, timely and cost-effective manner.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a CAD Structural Designer (commercial printing experience preferred)
- Working knowledge of Adobe (Illustrator and InDesign) and Artios software applications
- Corrugated background a plus
- Working knowledge of CAD cutting tables (Esko’s Kongsberg Series a plus)
Job Duties and General Expectations:
- Excellent eye for detail
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude and ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Communicate effectively with Sales, Customer Service, Estimating, Scheduling, outside vendors, clients and manufacturing personnel
- Meet company and departmental standards, including: Customer Requirements, Compliance, Safety, Quality, etc.
- Follow Lahlouh ISO Quality Procedures and Work Instructions, and complete forms and checklists as necessary
- Follow Lahlouh policies outlined in the company handbook
- Work overtime and weekends, as business needs dictate
- Perform other duties as required
- Attend department and company meetings
- Assist in training new and temporary employees
Position Specific Skills and Competencies:
- Follow team leader instructions for CAD processes
- Strong knowledge of computer applications that apply to the Graphic Arts industry
- Meet with clients and Sales to consult on designs, providing feedback on feasibility of designs, offering alternatives, as needed, based on appearance, function, budget and cost
- Communicate files and approvals to Die Maker
- Modify and refine designs, using working models, to conform to customer specifications, production limitations, or changes in design trends.
- Direct, coordinate and/or produce the fabrication of models or samples and the drafting of working drawings and specification sheets from sketches.
- Periodically CAD-cut prototypes and composition proofs
- Monitor and communicate time study information
- Order cutting/foil/emboss/deboss dies and foil, as needed
B.A. degree in Industrial Design or Engineering, Graphic Arts or Design
WHO ARE WE AND WHAT DO WE DO?
WATCH THIS SHORT VIDEO AND FIND OUT!