Lahlouh’s business model is built on solving end to end supply chain problems not simply processing transactional print orders. Lahlouh is a partner that focuses on developing collaborative, comprehensive solutions that endeavor to meet all the communication needs of our clients’ dynamic and evolving marketplaces.
Lahlouh's mission is to provide the highest quality, most cost-effective business communications solutions available.
Core capabilities include:
• Sheet-fed offset print • Fulfillment / Distribution logistics
• Dynamic digital print • Packaging Design
• Mailing • Marketing promotions
• Full service bindery and assembly • Promotions
• Online Solutions
Position: CAD Manager
Reports to: VP of Manufacturing
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: CAD Department
Location/Shift: Burlingame, CA / Day Shift
The CAD Manager must effectively lead and manage the Design team and the Die shop in the most efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Minimum 5-7 years managing a CAD Department (preferably in a commercial printing environment)
- Working knowledge of CAD cutting tables (Esko’s Kongsberg Series a plus)
- Advanced in Artios CAD design software, working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and InDesign, Acrobat
- Folding Carton and/or Corrugated packaging design experience
- Knowledge of Prestige or PSI is a plus
- Commercial printing experience preferred
Job Duties and General Expectations:
- Effectively lead/ manage the Design team and the Die Shop
- Oversee all new design projects and make sure all requests are documented clearly and accurately.
- Oversee the cutting die schedule and provide support to the Die Maker to make sure due dates are hit.
- Meet with Sales and their clients to consult on designs, providing feedback on feasibility of designs, offering alternatives, as needed, based on appearance, function, budget, and cost
- Effectively communicate with different departments throughout the company
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude and ability to manage and lead a team, including PTO scheduling, annual performance reviews and disciplinary actions, as needed
- Create dielines / design files using ArtiosCAD based on supplied customer specks or product.
- Modify and refine designs to conform to customer specifications, production limitations, or changes in design trends.
- Communicate and work with various departments, including Manufacturing and Sales
- Meet company and departmental standards, including: Customer Requirements, Compliance, Safety, Quality, etc.
- Follow Lahlouh ISO Quality Procedures and Work Instructions, and complete forms and checklists as necessary
- Work extended hours, as business needs dictate
- Attend Production Meetings
- B.A. degree in Packaging Design/Technology, Graphic Arts or Design
- AA Degree with Industry Experience
- Enough Industry Experience to compensate for lack of degree