Assembly Department Production Manager
- Burlingame, CA
- Full Time
Lahlouh’s business model is built on solving end to end supply chain problems not simply processing transactional print orders. Lahlouh is a partner that focuses on developing collaborative, comprehensive solutions that endeavor to meet all the communication needs of our clients’ dynamic and evolving marketplaces. Lahlouh's mission is to provide the highest quality, most cost-effective business communications solutions available.
Core capabilities include:
• Sheet-fed offset print • Fulfillment / Distribution logistics
• Dynamic digital print • Packaging Design
• Mailing • Marketing promotions
• Full service bindery and assembly • Promotions
• Online Solutions • Large Format print
Position: Assembly Department Production Manager
Reports to: Director, Process Improvement
FLSA Status: Exempt
Looking for an exceptional leader to head the Assembly Department Team at Lahlouh’s Burlingame CA facility. You will provide guidance and oversight to ensure processes are performed to company SOP’s and the highest standards of quality. Strong leaderships skills and your desire to learn and excel along with a positive can-do attitude is what you bring to the position. The Assembly Department has a $5M P/L
- With minimal supervision you are responsible for all aspects of the Assembly Department: Production Schedule, team member performance, safety, cost efficiency and product quality.
- Set, track and manage the Assembly Capacity Plan. Communicate the same with plant management and negotiate the Production Schedules Capacity two to four-weeks horizon.
- Set, monitor, and adjust the Daily and Weekly Job Board to meet the job specific schedules.
- Complete the Daily Production Plan by scheduling and assigning personnel, accomplishing results, establishing priorities, monitoring progress, revising schedules, resolving problems and reporting results daily.
- Ensure the proper execution of all company systems and procedures e.g. Data Collection, Safety Compliance, Quality Control Documents, Workflow Procedures.
- Maintain a Safe and Clean work environment by education and directing personnel in the areas of LEAN and 5S.
- Be the “voice” of the Assembly Department in company management and production meetings.
- Train and Manage Lead level operator(s) to Set Up Jobs, get 1st Article Approvals, Execute Materials requisitions and complete transactions.
- Recruit, Hire, Train, Coach, Evaluate Performance, Counsel and Terminate Employees as required.
- Participate in companywide Strategic Initiatives to implement new ERP, LEAN and Safety programs,
Education and Work Experience
- BS degree desired; can be substituted with AA and/or pertinent Work Experienced and Training.
- Five plus years work experience – two years being in a Leadership position.
- Experience in a manufacturing setting highly desirable.
- Manufacturing Experience in the Print and/or Print Converting industry is a plus.
- Computer Literate – use of Microsoft Suite.
- Experience with and the aptitude to learn ERP and support systems is a must.
- Must be self-managing , goal oriented and driven individual.