Lahlouh’s business model is built on solving end to end supply chain problems not simply processing transactional print orders. Lahlouh is a partner that focuses on developing collaborative, comprehensive solutions that endeavor to meet all the communication needs of our clients’ dynamic and evolving marketplaces.
Lahlouh's mission is to provide the highest quality, most cost-effective business communications solutions available.
Position: Jr. Structural Designer
Reports to: CAD Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location/Shift: Burlingame, CA / Day Shift
Designing retail and industrial packaging by combining clients’ specifications with artistic talent using CAD software and a computer-driven cutting/plotting table in an efficient, timely and cost-effective manner. Projects include designing custom folders, carrier housing units, envelopes, presentation folders, promotional kits, and more!
- Communicate files and approvals to Die Maker
- Modify and refine designs using working models to conform to customer specifications, production limitations, or changes in design trends.
- Direct, coordinate and/or produce the fabrication of models or samples and the drafting of working drawings and specification sheets from sketches.
- Periodically CAD-cut prototypes and composition proofs
- Monitor and communicate time study information
- Minimum 0-3 years experience as a Structural Designer (commercial printing experience preferred)
- Working knowledge of ArtiosCAD, Adobe Illustrator and InDesign, Acrobat
- Folding Carton and/or Corrugated packaging experience preferred
- Working knowledge of CAD cutting tables (Esko’s Kongsberg Series or equivalent a plus)
- Excellent eye for detail
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude and ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Availability to work overtime and weekends, as business needs dictate
- Strong knowledge of computer applications that apply to the Graphic Arts industry
- Meet company and departmental standards, including: Customer Requirements, Compliance, Safety, Quality, etc.
- Follow Lahlouh ISO Quality Procedures and Work Instructions, and complete forms and checklists as necessary
B.A. degree in Packaging Design/Technology, Industrial Design or Engineering, Graphic Arts or Design