Lahlouh’s business model is built on solving end to end supply chain problems not simply processing transactional print orders. Lahlouh is a partner that focuses on developing collaborative, comprehensive solutions that endeavor to meet all the communication needs of our clients’ dynamic and evolving marketplaces.
Lahlouh's mission is to provide the highest quality, most cost-effective business communications solutions available.
Core capabilities include:
• Sheet-fed offset print • Fulfillment / Distribution logistics
• Dynamic digital print • Packaging Design
• Mailing • Marketing promotions
• Full service bindery and assembly • Promotions
• Online Solutions
Position: Bindery - Finishing Manager
Reports to: VP of Manufacturing Ohio
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location/Shift: Monroe, Ohio / 1st Shift
The Bindery Manager leads, mentors, trains and coaches the Bindery and Finishing Department to produce quality product in a timely, efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Minimum of 5 Years in a similar managerial position with direct reports
- Knowledge of Bindery and Finishing equipment, able to coach and set up cutting programs, knowledge of Muller Martini Saddle Stitcher and Collator, Stahl folders, Saber Cutters, Bobst Die Cutters, Kluge, folding and gluing.
Job Duties and General Expectations:
- Excellent eye for detail
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude and ability to manage and lead a team, including PTO scheduling, annual performance reviews and disciplinary actions, as needed
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Communicate effectively with manufacturing personnel
- Have an advanced knowledge of computers, able to navigate software systems ERP…
- Meet company and departmental standards, including: Customer Requirements, Compliance, Safety, Quality, etc.
- Follow Lahlouh ISO Quality Procedures and Work Instructions, and complete forms and checklists as necessary
- Follow Lahlouh policies outlined in the company handbook
- Work extended hours, as business needs dictate
- Perform other duties as required
- Attend and/or host company and department meetings
Position Specific Skills & Competencies:
- General knowledge of company workflow, advanced knowledge of department workflow and requirements
- Work with employees to keep production floor clean and organized, 5S’s
- Maintain a schedule for the department and communicate the expected time to start and complete tasks
- Hold daily departmental meetings with key staff
- Review, follow, and question information provided – require clarity and consistency
- Attend production meetings and be prepared to answer questions regarding jobs as well as communicate material needs in order to meet Bindery schedule
- Serve as a trainer in monthly meetings with employees regarding departmental and company-wide processes, procedural changes as well as Bindery updates as they relate to specific job functions
- Coordinate departmental activities including materials, supplies, etc. setup and maintain an efficient work flow with appropriate inspections
- Coordinate equipment repairs and maintenance with vendors
- Monitor Bindery Department inventory, and create purchase requisitions to replenish inventory
- Act as a back-up for staff and perform their duties, as necessary
- Responsible for accurate and complete daily, weekly and monthly reports
- Create reports and/or provide feedback to upper management
- Instruct and monitor all departmental employees
- Construct, implement and train Bindery team members on Bindery processes, procedures and workflows to increase efficiencies and productivity
- Vet and hire qualified Bindery team members, structure and monitor training schedules
- Ability to sit, stand, and/or walk for prolonged periods of time
- Knowledge/experience with ERP systems (PSI a plus), shop floor data collection, Job Ticket comprehension and review for accuracy.
- Capable of reviewing and working with written Job Ticket instructions, Proofs, die lines – and assuring final product meets requirements. The ability to recognize discrepancies is a must.
- Communicate with Project Managers, Planners and PrePress departments to resolve issues and answer questions.