VP of Manufacturing
Lahlouh’s business model is built on solving end to end supply chain problems not simply processing transactional print orders. Lahlouh is a partner that focuses on developing collaborative, comprehensive solutions that endeavor to meet all the communication needs of our clients’ dynamic and evolving marketplaces.
Lahlouh's mission is to provide the highest quality, most cost-effective business communications solutions available.
Core capabilities include:
- Sheet-fed offset print
- Fulfillment / Distribution logistics
- Dynamic digital print
- Packaging Design
- Marketing promotions
- Full-service bindery and assembly
- Online Solutions
Position: VP of Manufacturing
Reports to: SVP of Manufacturing Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Plant Management
Location/Shift: Burlingame, CA - First Shift
The VP of Manufacturing will provide oversight, guidance, and leadership to the entire team to ensure efficient functional management of operations, support customer needs as well as establishing cost control measures to ensure that the operation is productive, profitable, and supportive of company strategies and objectives. This position is responsible for managing P&L activity for the site and aligning site solutions to support company strategic plans.
Your leadership skills and proven hands-on experience in the Graphic Arts Industry is a must.
Job Duties & Expectations:
- Develop a culture that embraces continuous improvement, is client focused, conducts business in the highest ethical manner and promotes behavior designed to enable each member of the facility the ability to achieve personal and professional satisfaction through their daily activities.
- Manage all the functional departments by providing cohesive direction and leadership to ensure the OH site initiatives support the company strategic initiatives and standards. Provide skillful and effective management in a matrix organization/dotted line reporting environment.
- Communicate site and company goals to all employees on a regular basis.
- Control expenses by monitoring metrics, establishing expenditure guidelines and by approving expenditures to achieve budgeted levels of a profitable operation and in tandem aggressively build capabilities, expertise, and services to promote company planned growth and offerings.
- Prepare annual budgets in support of corporate directives and expansion goals.
- Comply with all federal, state, and local regulatory agency laws and directives.
- Support the sales team by providing technical solutions and alternatives to customer requests; be the sites subject matter expert. Provide support to the Account Executives for onsite or off-site customer meetings.
- Collaborate with Scheduling and Project Management to assure Capacity Plans and Schedules support customer demands and overall Schedule Commitments for the plant.
- Provide effective training and development of employees by providing clear objectives, tools and resources needed to succeed with continual review and feedback.
- Implement Continuous Improvement through the relentless focus on corrective and preventive actions using process improvements, KPI’s, improved quality systems and building this philosophy throughout the organization.
- Develop and manage a comprehensive Equipment Preventive Maintenance Program.
- Champion and participate in all company Safety and LEAN programs. Improve safety recordable rate through heightened awareness, safety audits and improvements in housekeeping.
- Improve the customer experience by assuring product quality, reducing costs, and exceeding customer expectations.
- Work Closely with Project Management and Sales on job updates and scheduling. Resolve any elevated customer issues by communicating directly with the customer if required, monitoring, and reviewing corrective action plans to prevent reoccurrence.
- At least 15 years of progressive pertinent experience with progressive responsibility managing staff and resources.
- Must have broad knowledge of the Commercial Printing, Paper Converting and Packaging industries.
- Experienced with all the Print Production manufacturing disciplines and expert level knowledge of one or more of the following is required – Pre-Press, Press, Finishing, Bindery, Assembly, Mailing.
- Experience with a Print Industry ERP system – PSI a plus.
- Knowledgeable with Microsoft Suite.
- Familiarity and experience with Regulatory Body Compliance; ISO, SOC2, FSC – to include certification, compliance, and audit.
- B.S., Degree in Print Management or Business preferred or equivalent business experience and training.
- $140,000-$180,000 annually