Lahlouh’s business model is built on solving end to end supply chain problems not simply processing transactional print orders. Lahlouh is a partner that focuses on developing collaborative, comprehensive solutions that endeavor to meet all the communication needs of our clients’ dynamic and evolving marketplaces.
Lahlouh's mission is to provide the highest quality, most cost-effective business communications solutions available.
Core capabilities include:
• Sheet-fed offset print • Fulfillment / Distribution logistics
• Dynamic digital print • Packaging Design
• Mailing • Marketing promotions
• Full service bindery and assembly • Promotions
• Online Solutions
Position: Pressroom Manager
Reports to: Director of Manufacturing, Ohio
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location/Shift: Monroe, Ohio/1st Shift
The Pressroom Manager will provide oversight, guidance, and leadership to the Pressroom team to assure the on-time execution of daily schedules, maintain the strictest quality requirements while meeting and improving budgeted costs. Your people leadership skills and proven hands on experience in the Pressroom functions is a must. Proven capability and knowledge in Pressroom Operations, Color management, Paper substrates and familiarity with Pre-Press, is required.
The Pressroom Manager identifies, documents, and drives departmental metrics for Safety, Quality, Productivity, Cost and Waste. You will ensure that jobs are built appropriately and efficiently to ensure high quality products are produced on time to meet and exceed customer expectations. This is a key position offering development and growth opportunities, competitive compensation, and outstanding benefits program.
You will be the go-to person on site for Press, Pre-Press, Color and Substrate related issues, questions and decision making.
Job Duties & Expectations:
- Provide leadership and direction including overseeing production employees, materials, equipment and tools to ensure efficiency is maintained and print jobs remain on schedule
- Support continuous improvement initiatives and projects to reduce printing waste, minimize downtime/set-up time, and identify additional opportunities for efficiencies
- Ensure zero defects to printing and optimal density color measures to minimize downtime and quality issues
- Build strong relationships with Project Managers, Account Executives and Customers, answering questions, resolving issues, making suggestions regarding workflow/process improvements to proposed jobs to maximize the benefits to both the customer and the company
- Effectively communicate customer needs to the team and provide recommendations to internal teams to reduce cost and ensure greater product quality
- Coordinate production activities with other areas (e.g. procurement, downstream mfg. operations, shipping) to obtain optimum production and utilization of manpower, machines, and equipment
- Collaborate with Scheduling to implement strategic planning/scheduling of the press room workload for maximum throughput and accuracy
- Proactively manage departmental metrics that impact cost (e.g. set-up times, run times, waste) to monitor printing crew performance against KPIs
- Provide coaching and mentoring for Leads, Operators, and technicians by identifying training needs for building capability and continued growth
- Drive employee engagement and create an inclusive culture to motivate participation in continuous improvement initiatives
- Work with human resources to interview and hire personnel for the department positions, preparing and managing job descriptions, responsibilities, training procedures, safety procedures, and SOPs
- Create and manage quality control/inspection procedures for the department
- Coordinate maintenance procedures and equipment repairs for the department
- Manage inventory and supplies in the department which includes maintaining minimum levels, special ordering, organization, proper storage, etc.
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of the department including equipment and work areas.
- Contribute ideas and implement changes regarding new equipment and procedures to enhance efficiency, safety, and/or profitability of company
- Perform any other duties as deemed necessary by company management
- Understand the operation of all site presses. Be able to troubleshoot when needed on any press
- Provide “sign off” on all print jobs
- Experience must include producing high quality commercial work on a 40” or larger press running UV (a plus) as well as conventional inks and coatings, exceptional knowledge of color management and skills
- Minimum of 10 years press operation and supervision experience. In addition, a thorough knowledge of printing science (i.e. ink/water balance and registration, etc.) is required
- Familiarity with entire print production workflow processes and equipment
- Experience with Color Management systems
- Strong technical knowledge of sheet fed press operations
- Proven experience with Lean and continuous improvement
- Hands On experience with 40” - 6 color Heidelberg or Komori presses
- Ability to communicate effectively to all employees and to customers, both verbally and in writing
- Team player mindset with demonstrated ability to supervise, lead, and coach others to achieve their goals and objectives
- 5+ years pertinent print experience and 5+ years manufacturing supervisory experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite. Able to use MS Excel to capture, track data and provide reporting and analysis
- Able to identify, troubleshoot and remedy problems pertaining to press, print quality, and waste
- Experience and familiarity in the Pre-Press arena. Any of the following considered highly desirable - graphic file management systems, proofing, platemaking, and knowledge with, Prinnect, XMPie, Adobe.
- Experience with a Print centric ERP system – specifically the ability to understand and manage print Job Ticket information and execute Data Collection
- Preferred Special Certifications or Technical Skills that will make you stand out.
- G7 Expert / G7 Press Control Certification- a big plus
- Color Management Professional
- SGIA certified professional
- Strong knowledge of Digital Print Production
- Strong technical knowledge and experience in digital pre-press operations
- Large Format Printing
- BS/AA degree in Print Production, Graphic Arts is preferred or can be substituted with commensurate progressive industry experience, training, and certifications