Account Executive - Print
Lahlouh’s business model is built on solving end-to-end supply chain problems not simply processing transactional print orders. Lahlouh is a partner who focuses on developing collaborative, comprehensive solutions that endeavor to meet all the communication needs of our clients’ dynamic and evolving industries.
Lahlouh's mission is to provide the highest quality, most cost-effective business communications solutions available.
Core capabilities include:
- Sheet-fed offset print
- Fulfillment / distribution logistics
- Dynamic digital & large format print
- Packaging design & print
- Marketing promotions
- Bindery & finishing
- Promotions (Advertising Specialties)
- Online (e-commerce) solutions
- Workflow automation solutions
Position: Account Executive
Reports to: Director of Sales and Marketing
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location/Shift: Lahlouh, Inc. (Burlingame, California or Monroe, Ohio) / Day –Position can work remotely
Identify new business opportunities, customers and markets based on Lahlouh’s ideal client profile.
Qualify new prospects, cultivate new clients and maintain existing clients. Account Executive is responsible for strategic and transactional selling and account management.
- Knowledge of all aspects of the end-to-end commercial print workflow (concepting to distribution).
- Technical understanding of graphic design, prepress, offset printing, digital printing, bindery, finishing, mailing, assembly, and fulfillment/warehousing services.
- New business development skills: qualifying, cold calling, networking, referral selling, etc.
- Account management skills: opening, discovery, objection handling, pricing, closing, problem-solving, etc.
- Create and deliver sales presentations
- Provide plant tours
- Review print estimates and calculate pricing: must understand budgeted hourly rates, equipment standards, job specifications, mark-up calculations, value add calculations, etc.
- Review estimates, prepare quote letters, calculate pricing and deliver/review proposals with clients.
- Coordinate appropriate pre-production meetings for large or nonstandard projects.
- Ensure accurate and complete job specifications are obtained from Customer and relayed to Project Manager.
- Participate in brain-storming ideas and reviewing job dates with scheduling when jobs have critical deadline requirements or processes that require extra time.
- Review digital files, preflight reports and proofs prior to sending to customer.
- Coordinate delivery of proofs, samples, proposals, etc. to customer and follow up on their return.
- Follow procedures and maintain compliance with industry-standard requirements (ISO, FSC, SOC-2, etc.)
- Conduct press checks, bindery checks, audits, etc. with or without customer.
- Work with manufacturing personnel to answer questions, offer guidance, troubleshoot problems, etc.
- Oversee large Requests for Information (RFIs) and Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
- Manage sales administrative tasks: process expense reports, facilitate credit applications for clients, review contracts, provide sales forecasts, address outstanding invoices, etc.
- Previous Commission-Based Selling Experience Required, in commercial print industry (5 years minimum)
- College degree preferred (BA/BS) or extensive industry experience required
- Computer Proficiency with all Microsoft Outlook programs (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Above average verbal and written communication skills.
- Personal car required for job; must be willing to travel, as needed, to support clients and be onsite at manufacturing plants, when needed
- Client entertainment required (meals, work travel, events, etc.)
- $60,000-$200,000 annually (100% commission after 1st year gaurantee, commissions average 7-9%)