Lahlouh’s business model is built on solving end to end supply chain problems not simply processing transactional print orders. Lahlouh is a partner that focuses on developing collaborative, comprehensive solutions that endeavor to meet all the communication needs of our clients’ dynamic and evolving marketplaces.
Lahlouh's mission is to provide the highest quality, most cost-effective business communications solutions available.
Core capabilities include:
• Sheet-fed offset print • Fulfillment / Distribution logistics
• Dynamic digital print • Packaging Design
• Mailing • Marketing promotions
• Full service bindery and assembly • Promotions
• Online Solutions
Position: Press Feeder
Reports to: Press Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Location/Shift: Burlingame, CA
The Press Feeder, working in conjunction with the Lead Press Operator, assists in the production of high quality printing jobs, to meet customer and company expectations, in a cost-effective manner while meeting strict deadlines, on one of several large printing presses.
Two years minimum experience working on 6-color presses with aqueous coating (Heidelberg Press experience preferred).
Job Duties and General Expectations:
- Excellent eye for detail
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude and ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task, with minimal supervision
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Communicate effectively with manufacturing personnel
- Have basic knowledge of computers (knowledge of PSI is a plus)
- Keep accurate and complete daily records for data collection
- Meet company and departmental standards, including: Customer Requirements, Compliance, Safety, Quality, etc.
- Follow Lahlouh ISO Quality Procedures and Work Instructions, and complete forms and checklists as necessary
- Follow Lahlouh policies outlined in the company handbook
- Work overtime and weekends, as business needs dictate
- Perform other duties as required
- Attend department and company meetings
- Assist in training new and temporary employees
Position Specific Skills & Competencies:
- Ability to operate Albo Load Turner
- Ability to run a continuous feeder/quick change on a running press
- Knowledge and ability to handle ink, varnish and aqueous coatings
- Ability to operate motorized pallet jack and/or forklift (certification may be required)
- Some mechanical aptitude is required
- Knowledge and ability to hang blankets and plates, and to pack press properly
- Knowledge of the Alcolor Water System
- Working knowledge of the Technotrans Cooling and Water System
- Follow all rules and regulations when handling chemicals and hazardous waste
- Be able to work at a high production rate in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds regularly and 75 pounds on occasion
- High school graduate/GED
- Any trade experience is a plus
What we do...