Lahlouh’s business model is built on solving end to end supply chain problems not simply processing transactional print orders. Lahlouh is a partner that focuses on developing collaborative, comprehensive solutions that endeavor to meet all the communication needs of our clients’ dynamic and evolving marketplaces.
Lahlouh's mission is to provide the highest quality, most cost-effective business communications solutions available.
Core capabilities include:
• Sheet-fed offset print • Fulfillment / Distribution logistics
• Dynamic digital print • Packaging Design
• Mailing • Marketing promotions
• Full service bindery and assembly • Promotions
• Online Solutions
Position: Assembly Department Lead
Reports to: Assembly Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location/Shift: Lahlouh, Inc. (Burlingame, CA) / First Shift
Lahlouh’s assembly department manufactures a wide variety of printed products, kits, packaging, POP displays, folders, etc., The department lead oversees the workflow for the assembly department; orchestrating activities between assembly, inventory and production. Serves as a link between team members and management. Responsible to ensure procedures are being followed and deadlines are being met. The department lead possesses the ability to work independently in a dynamic environment with deadline-driven mentality without compromising quality.
- Comply and promote company’s policies and objectives.
- Monitor workplace safety and strive to prevent injuries and accidents.
- Active contribution in manufacturing excellence initiatives.
- Develop positive relationships with internal staff and departments within the organization.
- Receives work assignments from Assembly Manager and directs team members to achieve assignments using established guidelines, procedures, and policies.
- Prioritizes production schedules based on due date, lead time and material availability.
- Review job ticket to assure understanding of assembly operations.
- Prepare first articles 24hrs prior to start of the job.
- Pull materials needed for the job from inventory.
- Identify constrains with the schedule and solve or escalate to assembly manager, scheduling, planning, production managers or sales.
- Monitor jobs in process and ensure schedule adherence.
- Conducts morning and afternoon department meetings providing status of the jobs due today, next day and any other pertinent information regarding jobs on assembly department.
- Monitor team performance and report on department metrics.
- Maintain/submit production records, such as change orders, KPI’s and NCR’s.
- Clerical work, such as, collect timecards and PTO forms from team members.
- Participate in time studies and new projects as needed.
- Back up assembly manager in production meetings, when needed.
- Back up production leads when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Manufacturing experience; familiarity with general aspects of printing, bindery, finishing and mailing is a big plus.
- Proven work experience as a team leader.
- Strong computer skills.
- Proven experience in excel and MRP/ERP systems.
- Knowledge in inventory control.
- Familiar with Lean manufacturing principles.
- Familiar with ISO-9001; certification is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication in English. Chinese is a plus.
- Ability to work early mornings (first shift typically starts between 5:30-6:00a) Monday through Friday and overtime (as needed).
Physical Criteria for Position, include:
- The ability to lift 40 pounds regularly.
- Ability to bend and reach regularly.
- Sedentary work primarily involving sit/stand regularly.
- Pull/pushing materials up to 40 pounds occasionally.
- Repetitive motions: making substantial movements (motions) of the wrist, hands, and/or fingers.
- Warehouse environment.
- May occasionally work in hot/cold weather.
- Exposed to fumes or airborne particles and chemicals.
- Noise level is usually moderate but occasionally high.
- May occasionally work near moving mechanical machinery.
- A high school diploma or GED.