Looking for a Prepress Operator with a strong knowledge of preparing files with variable data for fast paced commercial printer
Lahlouh’s business model is built on solving end to end supply chain problems not simply processing transactional print orders. Lahlouh is a partner that focuses on developing collaborative, comprehensive solutions that endeavor to meet all the communication needs of our clients’ dynamic and evolving marketplaces.
Lahlouh's mission is to provide the highest quality, most cost-effective business communications solutions available.
Core capabilities include:
• Sheet-fed offset print • Fulfillment / Distribution logistics
• Dynamic digital print • Packaging Design
• Mailing • Marketing promotions
• Full service bindery and assembly • Promotions
• Online Solutions • Large Format print
Position: Prepress Operator
Reports to: Planning Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location/Shift: Burlingame, CA / Day Shift
The Prepress Operator prepares files for many different medias to include Digital and Offset printing, Large Format, Mailing (with a strong knowledge of working with variable data), packaging, promotions, etc.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience as a Prepress Operator in a commercial printing environment
- Advanced working knowledge of Preps, Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat, Darwin, XMPie) is a must
- Working knowledge of Quark, MS Excel and Pitstop
- Knowledge of PSI and/or Kodak Prinergy workflow a plus
Job Duties and General Expectations:
- Excellent eye for detail
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude and ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Communicate effectively with sales, customer service, estimating, scheduling, outside vendors and manufacturing personnel
- Meet company and departmental standards, including: Customer Requirements, Compliance, Safety, Quality, etc.
- Follow Lahlouh ISO Quality Procedures and Work Instructions, and complete forms and checklists as necessary
- Follow Lahlouh policies outlined in the company handbook
- Work overtime and weekends, as business needs dictate
- Perform other duties as required
- Attend department and company meetings
- Assist in training new and temporary employees
Position Specific Skills and Competencies:
- Follow team leader instructions for Planning processes
- Strong knowledge of computer applications that apply to the Graphic Arts industry
- File preparation for internal and external customers
- Ability to make color corrections and image editing
- Ability to trim and QC hard copy proofs
- Work the customers to create and/or modify original artwork
High school graduate/GED
What we do...