Lahlouh’s business model is built on solving end to end supply chain problems, not simply processing transactional print orders. Lahlouh is a partner that focuses on developing collaborative, comprehensive solutions that meet all the communication needs of our clients’ dynamic and evolving marketplaces. Lahlouh's mission is to provide the highest quality, most cost-effective business communications solutions available.
Core capabilities include:
• Sheet-fed offset print • Fulfillment / Distribution logistics
• Dynamic digital print • Packaging Design
• Mailing • Marketing promotions
• Full-service bindery and assembly • Promotions
• Online Solutions
Position: Jr. Structural Designer
Reports to: Structural Design Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location/Shift: Burlingame, CA / Day Shift
Designing custom packaging and marketing collateral by combining clients’ specifications with artistic talent using CAD software and a computer-driven cutting/plotting table in an efficient, timely and cost-effective manner. Projects include designing folding cartons, corrugated boxes, custom folders, housing units, envelopes, presentation folders, promotional kits, and more!
- Create dielines / design files using ArtiosCAD based on supplied customer specks or product.
- Modify and refine designs using working models to conform to customer specifications, production limitations, or changes in design trends.
- Cut prototypes and first articles using Kongsberg cutting table.
- Operate Kongsberg cutting table for small production runs.
- Effectively communicate with different departments throughout the company.
- Minimum 0-3 years of experience as a Structural Designer (commercial printing experience preferred)
- Working knowledge of ArtiosCAD design software, Adobe Illustrator and InDesign, Acrobat
- General understanding of Folding Carton and/or Corrugated packaging design experience
- Working knowledge of CAD cutting tables (Esko’s Kongsberg Series or equivalent a plus)
- Excellent eye for detail
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude, ability to work in a team environment, and willingness to learn
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Availability to work overtime and weekends, as business needs dictate
- Meet company and departmental standards, including: Customer Requirements, Compliance, Safety, Quality, etc.
- Follow Lahlouh ISO Quality Procedures and Work Instructions, and complete forms and checklists as necessary
- B.A. degree in Packaging Design/Technology, Graphic Arts or Design