Sales Development Rep (SDR)
Lahlouh’s business model is built on solving end-to-end supply chain problems not simply processing transactional print orders. Lahlouh is a partner who focuses on developing collaborative, comprehensive solutions that endeavor to meet all the communication needs of our clients’ dynamic and evolving industries.
Lahlouh's mission is to provide the highest quality, most cost-effective business communications solutions available.
Core capabilities include:
• Sheet-fed offset print • Fulfillment / distribution logistics
• Dynamic digital & large format print • Packaging design & print
• Mailing • Marketing promotions
• Bindery & finishing • Promotions (Advertising Specialties)
• Online (e-commerce) solutions • Workflow automation solutions
Position: Sales Development Rep (SDR)
Reports to: Sales Trainer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location/Shift: Lahlouh, Inc. (Burlingame, CA) / (Monroe, OH) / Day
Train for a future role as a commissioned Account Executive. Training program consists of one year classroom and field training, followed by one year building a sales territory and a book of business. Learn to develop new business opportunities, customers and markets based on Lahlouh’s ideal client profile. Prepare to qualify new prospects, cultivate new clients, and maintain existing clients. Will transition to a commissioned Account Executive after successful completion of 2-year training program.
- Knowledge of any aspect of the end-to-end commercial print workflow (concepting to distribution) is helpful.
- Technical understanding of graphic design, prepress, offset printing, digital printing, bindery, finishing, mailing, assembly, and/or fulfillment/warehousing services is helpful.
- Prior sales experience is helpful, but not required.
- Work with a Sales Trainer and Account Executives to build a foundational understanding of all elements required for successful selling:
- Selling Skills—qualifying, cold calling, networking, referral selling, opening, discovery, objection handling, pricing, closing, problem-solving, etc.
- Technical/Product Knowledge—offset print, digital print, direct mail, packaging, bindery, finishing, warehousing/logistics, etc.
- Lahlouh Environment (process, systems, culture, etc.)
- Participate in an active, experiential training program to prepare for an eventual role as an Account Executive (role playing, conversing with manufacturing personnel and clients, product demonstrations, building presentations, etc.)
- Learn to create and deliver sales presentations
- Learn to provide an effective plant tour
- Learn to understand and interpret print estimates and calculate pricing: must understand budgeted hourly rates, equipment standards, job specifications, mark-up calculations, value add calculations, etc.
- Learn to prepare quote letters, calculate pricing and deliver/review proposals with clients.
- Learn how to compile accurate and complete job specifications from Customer and how to communicate these to a Project Manager.
- Learn how to review digital files, preflight reports and proofs prior to sending to customer.
- Learn how to coordinate delivery of proofs, samples, proposals, etc. to customer and follow up on their return.
- Learn how to follow procedures and maintain compliance with industry-standard requirements (ISO, FSC, SOC-2, etc.)
- Learn how to conduct press checks, bindery checks, audits, etc. with or without customer.
- Learn how to work with manufacturing personnel to answer questions, offer guidance, troubleshoot problems, etc.
- Learn how to respond to client Requests for Information (RFIs) and Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
- Learn how to manage all sales administrative tasks: process expense reports, facilitate credit applications for clients, review contracts, provide sales forecasts, address outstanding invoices, etc.
- High School Degree required
- College degree (BA/BS) or industry experience preferred
- Computer Proficiency with all Microsoft Outlook programs (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Above average verbal and written communication skills.
- Personal car required for job; must be willing to travel, as needed, to support clients and be onsite at manufacturing plants, when needed
- $60,000-$70,000 annually
Qualified applicants to send cover letter and resume to email@example.com