Lahlouh’s business model is built on solving end to end supply chain problems not simply processing transactional print orders. Lahlouh is a partner that focuses on developing collaborative, comprehensive solutions that endeavor to meet all the communication needs of our clients’ dynamic and evolving marketplaces.
Lahlouh's mission is to provide the highest quality, most cost-effective business communications solutions available.
Core capabilities include:
• Sheet-fed offset print • Fulfillment / Distribution logistics
• Dynamic digital print • Packaging Design
• Mailing • Marketing promotions
• Full service bindery and assembly • Promotions
• Online Solutions
Position: Plate Maker, Trim and QC
Reports to: Prepress Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location/Shift: Burlingame, CA / Day or Swing Shift
The Plate Maker outputs quality plates for a variety of presses. Trims and Constructs Digital Bluelines and Color Epson Proofs.
- Working knowledge of Kodak Prinergy workflows, Heidelberg Prinect a plus
- General knowledge of Prepress processes preferred
Job Duties and General Expectations:
- Excellent eye for detail
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude and ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Communicate effectively with manufacturing personnel
- Have a minimum knowledge of computers (Mac and PC platforms, knowledge of PSI a plus)
- Keep accurate and complete daily records for data collection
- Meet company and departmental standards, including: Customer Requirements, Compliance, Safety, Quality, etc.
- Follow Lahlouh ISO Quality Procedures and Work Instructions, and complete forms and checklists as necessary
- Follow Lahlouh policies outlined in the company handbook
- Work overtime and weekends, as business needs dictate
- Perform other duties as required
- Attend department and company meetings
- Assist in training new and temporary employees
Position Specific Skills & Competencies:
- Follow team leader instructions for Prepress processes
- Operational knowledge of Heidelberg Plate setters
- Clean and maintain plating equipment and surrounding work area
- Knowledge and understanding of chemistry changes
- Trim and QC of hard copy proofs
- Inspect plates to proofs for content and defect
- Able to lift to 35 lbs.