Lahlouh’s business model is built on solving end to end supply chain problems not simply processing transactional print orders. Lahlouh is a partner that focuses on developing collaborative, comprehensive solutions that endeavor to meet all the communication needs of our clients’ dynamic and evolving marketplaces.
Lahlouh's mission is to provide the highest quality, most cost-effective business communications solutions available.
Core capabilities include:
• Sheet-fed offset print • Fulfillment / Distribution logistics
• Dynamic digital print • Packaging Design
• Mailing • Marketing promotions
• Full service bindery and assembly • Promotions
• Online Solutions
Position: Assembly Floor Lead/Materials Coordinator
Reports to: Assembly Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location/Shift: Lahlouh, Inc. (Burlingame, CA) / First Shift
Lahlouh’s assembly department manufactures a wide variety of printed products, kits, packaging, POP displays, folders, etc., The Floor Lead/Material Coordinator is responsible to receive, stage, distribute and transport all materials and supplies that flow in and out of the Assembly Department; Maintaining the highest level of count accuracy, paperwork integrity and a high level or work place organization and control. Works closely with the Assembly Department Lead to identify material requirements to meet the Schedule.
The Floor Lead/Materials Coordinator will be asked to assist in any area of the department that might need additional capacity to include, but not limited to, packaging, machine loading and offloading, assembly, palletizing, carton labeling, first articles and time studies.
- Comply and promote company’s policies and objectives.
- Monitor workplace safety and strive to prevent injuries and accidents.
- Active contribution in manufacturing excellence initiatives.
- Develop positive relationships with internal staff and departments within the organization.
- Receive incoming materials to the department, verify counts, tag loads and stage accordingly.
- Transports materials from one department to another, manually or using handing equipment.
- Compiles and maintains records for: Overs, Wip, Finished Goods, Returns, Staged Materials and ASM locations.
- Responsible for Control the Overs.
- Perform Cycle counts for ASM Locations.
- Responsible for ordering and re-stock supplies for Assembly.
- Identify material constrains and solve or escalate to Leads and Assembly Manager.
- Participate in morning and afternoon department meetings providing status of materials for the jobs due today, next day and any other pertinent information regarding jobs in assembly department
- When needed, pull materials for the jobs from inventory.
- When needed, oversees an assembly project until its completion.
- When needed, assists Assembly Lead with preparing First Articles.
- When needed, participate in time studies and new projects.
- Back up assembly Leads.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Manufacturing, Warehouse and Fulfillment experience. Familiarized with general aspects of printing, bindery, finishing and mailing is a big plus.
- Proven work experience as a Team Lead, Material Handler or Material Coordinator.
- Strong computer skills.
- Proven experience in excel and MRP/ERP systems.
- Proven experience in Inventory Control.
- Familiar with Lean Manufacturing Principles.
- Familiar with ISO-9001; certification is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication in English. Chinese is a plus.
- Ability to work early mornings (first shift typically starts between 5:30-6:00a) Monday through Friday and overtime (as needed).
- Forklift certified is a plus.
Physical Criteria for Position, include:
- The ability to lift 40 pounds regularly.
- Ability to bend, reach, pull and lift regularly.
- Warehouse environment.
- May occasionally work in hot/cold weather.
- Exposed to fumes or airborne particles and chemicals.
- Noise level is usually moderate but occasionally high.
- May occasionally work near moving mechanical machinery.
- Working in a high paced and dynamic environment.
- Overtime during the workweek and weekends is common and expected.
- A high school diploma or GED.