Lahlouh’s business model is built on solving end to end supply chain problems not simply processing transactional print orders. Lahlouh is a partner that focuses on developing collaborative, comprehensive solutions that endeavor to meet all the communication needs of our clients’ dynamic and evolving marketplaces.
Lahlouh's mission is to provide the highest quality, most cost-effective business communications solutions available.
Core capabilities include:
• Sheet-fed offset print • Fulfillment / Distribution logistics
• Dynamic digital print • Packaging Design
• Mailing • Marketing promotions
• Full service bindery and assembly • Promotions
• Online Solutions
Position: Folder Operator
Reports to: Bindery/Finishing Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location/Shift: Monroe, Ohio / 1st Shift
The Folder Operator is responsible for operating folder machines, producing high quality printing jobs, to meet customer and company expectations, in a cost-effective manner while meeting strict deadlines.
Minimum 3 to 5 years experience operating folding machines in a commercial printing environment.
Job Duties and General Expectations:
- Excellent eye for detail
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude and ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Communicate effectively with manufacturing personnel
- Have a minimum knowledge of computers (knowledge of PSI is a plus)
- Keep accurate and complete daily records for data collection
- Meet company and departmental standards, including: Customer Requirements, Compliance, Safety, Quality, etc.
- Follow Lahlouh ISO Quality Procedures and Work Instructions, and complete forms and checklists as necessary
- Follow Lahlouh policies outlined in the company handbook
- Work overtime and weekends, also in other departments as business needs dictate
- Perform other duties as required
- Attend department and company meetings
- Assist in training new and temporary employees
Position Specific Skills & Competencies:
- Follow team leader instructions for Bindery processes
- Ability to fold in many different configurations
- Ability to fold paper from 27# text to 120# cover
- Perform daily, monthly, and quarterly maintenance on folding machines
- Keep jobs and production floor clean and organized
- Ability to sit, stand, and/or walk for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to push/pull loaded pallet jacks and/or rolling carts
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds regularly and 75 pounds on occasion
- Communicate any job specifics issues or other pertinent information regarding jobs to the next shift, if necessary