Director of Sales / Sales Manager
Lahlouh’s business model is built on solving end-to-end supply chain problems not simply processing transactional print orders. Lahlouh is a partner who focuses on developing collaborative, comprehensive solutions that endeavor to meet all the communication needs of our clients’ dynamic and evolving industries.
Lahlouh's mission is to provide the highest quality, most cost-effective business communications solutions available.
Core capabilities include:
• Sheet-fed offset print • Fulfillment / distribution logistics
• Dynamic digital & large format print • Packaging design & print
• Mailing • Marketing promotions
• Bindery & finishing • Promotions (Advertising Specialties)
• Online (e-commerce) solutions • Workflow automation solutions
Position: Director of Sales / Sales Manager
Reports to: Snr. V.P. of Sales and Marketing
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location/Shift: Lahlouh, Inc. (Burlingame, CA) / (Monroe, OH), Day
Work with Account Executives to identify new business opportunities, customers and markets based on Lahlouh’s ideal client profile. Assist Account Executives with new business development and account management. Continue to build sales team to meet company growth objectives.
- Knowledge of all aspects of the end-to-end commercial print workflow (concepting to distribution).
- Technical understanding of graphic design, prepress, offset printing, digital printing, packaging, bindery, finishing, mailing, assembly, and fulfillment/warehousing services.
- New business development skills: opening, discovery, qualifying, cold calling, networking, referral selling, etc.
- Account management skills: presenting capabilities, objection handling, pricing, closing, problem-solving, etc.
- Recruit, train, coach, mentor and develop Sales Trainees & Account Executives.
- Oversee and assist with all sales activities.
- Travel with Account Executives and assist with client meetings, presentations, problem-resolution, etc.
- Create and deliver sales presentations and help Account Executives make effective presentations.
- Provide plant tours and assist Account Executives to deliver an effective tour.
- Review print estimates and assist with pricing strategy. Must understand budgeted hourly rates, equipment standards, job specifications, mark-up calculations, value add calculations, etc.
- Assist Account Executives with large Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Requests for Information (RFIs).
- Manage account coverage and handle account conflicts. Reassign prospects, as needed to maximize new business development success.
- Coordinate appropriate pre-production meetings for large or nonstandard projects.
- Guide sales strategy
- Oversee forecasting process (annually & quarterly). Create special forecasts and assessments, as needed.
- Train sales team to follow procedures and maintain compliance with industry-standard requirements (ISO, FSC, SOC-2, etc.)
- Work with manufacturing personnel to answer questions, offer guidance, troubleshoot problems, etc.
- Manage sales administrative tasks: expense report approval, out of the office coverage, Project Management support, contract review, billing oversight, etc.
- Conduct sales meetings and sales training sessions, as needed.
- Responsible for sales quotas, recognition, team statistics and incentives to meet sales targets.
- Work closely with all members of Executive Team to ensure that sales team is in alignment with company objectives.
- Sales Management experience, preferred
- Previous Commission-Based Selling Experience Required, in commercial print industry (10 years minimum)
- College degree preferred (BA/BS) or extensive industry experience required
- Computer Proficiency with all Microsoft Outlook programs (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Above average verbal and written communication skills.
- Personal car required for job; must be willing to travel, as needed, to support clients and be onsite at manufacturing plants, when needed
- Client entertainment required (meals, work travel, events, etc.)
Qualified applicants to send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org