Lahlouh’s business model is built on solving end to end supply chain problems not simply processing transactional print orders. Lahlouh is a partner that focuses on developing collaborative, comprehensive solutions that endeavor to meet all the communication needs of our clients’ dynamic and evolving marketplaces.
Lahlouh’s mission is to provide the highest quality, most cost-effective business communications solutions available.
Core capabilities include:
• Sheet-fed offset print • Fulfillment / Distribution logistics
• Dynamic digital print • Packaging Design
• Mailing • Marketing promotions
• Full service bindery and assembly • Promotions
• Online Solutions
Position: Material Handler
Reports to: Assembly Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location/Shift: Lahlouh, Inc. (Burlingame, CA) / Day Shift
The Materials Handler in the Assembly Department is responsible to receive, stage, distribute and transport all materials and supplies that flow in and out of the Assembly Department; Maintaining the highest level of count accuracy, paperwork integrity and a high level or work place organization and control. The Materials Handler will be asked to assist in any area of the department that might need additional capacity to include, but not limited to, packaging, machine loading and offloading, assembly, palletizing, carton labeling.
Material Handler Daily Job Duties:
- Receive incoming materials to the department, verify counts, tag loads and stage accordingly.
- Organize, count and manage all excess job materials in accordance with established Lahlouh procedures.
- Maintain, monitor and re-order all consumables in the department.
- Transport materials to the next usage point e.g. assembly work stations, shipping, succeeding process., warehouse.
- Generate paperwork transactions with the highest degree of count and data accuracy and constancy.
- Manage all department consumables in prescribed locations and quantities.
- Monitor usage and re-order points, re-order per specified Min/Max and Kanban systems.
- Maintains WIP inventories by delivering material to point of use.
- Prepare finished product for shipment by labeling, auditing against Job Ticket and transporting.
- Generate Shipping labels.
- Own the Materials Staging and Supplies areas. Organize, sort, dispose and disposition daily.
- Execute special projects and requests as delegated by Lead and Manager.
Required Experience, Skills an Education
- Education - A high school diploma or GED
- Must be a TEAM player and results driven individual.
- Aptitude to produce high quality work and pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Capability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Work safely.
- Read and speak English
- Work independently
- Follow directions given by their manager or lead.
- Ability to make decisions
- Ability to lift to 40lbs, transport loads with a Pallet Jack up to 1500lbs.
Preferred Experience, Skills and Education (but not mandatory)
- Ability to use a pallet jack, forklift or Forklift Certified.
- Assembly line work in a printing, publishing, bindery environment.
- Warehouse and Fulfillment experience.
- Knowledge of PC, Label Printers, Excel Spreadsheets.
- Safety, Continuous Improvement, LEAN, 5S Training.
- Work Environment
- Warehouse Environment
- Working in a high paced and dynamic environment.
- Occasionally work near materials handling equipment.
- Moderate noise level.
- Bending, reaching, pulling, lifting.
- Overtime during the workweek and weekends is common and expected.