Lahlouh’s business model is built on solving end to end supply chain problems not simply processing transactional print orders. Lahlouh is a partner that focuses on developing collaborative, comprehensive solutions that endeavor to meet all the communication needs of our clients’ dynamic and evolving marketplaces.
Lahlouh's mission is to provide the highest quality, most cost-effective business communications solutions available.
Core capabilities include:
• Sheet-fed offset print • Fulfillment / Distribution logistics
• Dynamic digital print • Packaging Design
• Mailing • Marketing promotions
• Full service bindery and assembly • Promotions
• Online Solutions
Position: Scheduler Manager/Capacity Planning
Reports to: VP of Manufacturing
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location/Shift: Burlingame, CA / Day Shift
The Production Scheduler is responsible for building, maintaining, and updating the manufacturing production schedule. The Production Scheduling Manager will serve as the interface between Sales and the Plant production areas. The primary purpose for this position is to work with Sales Executives, PMs, Planning and Production Managers to determine and execute daily/weekly/monthly production and shipping schedules. The schedules in turn are to be designed to meet all customer orders and inventory F/G requirements.
- Five years in a Print, Paper Converting or Packaging Manufacturing environment is preferred, with an understanding of Print Manufacturing workflows. Other Job Shop Manufacturing environments will be considered.
- Three years hands on Scheduling and Capacity planning using an industry recognized software package – EFI or Prestige a big plus.
- Knowledgeable on the following concepts and their application:
- Finite Capacity Scheduling
- Supply Chain Management
- ERP, MRP, JIT, TOC
- Forwards/Backward Scheduling
- Overlapping Operations
Job Duties and General Expectations:
- Excellent eye for detail and an individual that sees opportunities to make change
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude and ability to manage and lead a team, including PTO scheduling, annual performance reviews and disciplinary actions, as needed
- Ability to multi-task in a high passed environment and make quick judgment decisions
- Communicate effectively with manufacturing personnel
- Clear understanding of leeway’s, individual equipment speeds and capabilities
- Understanding and managing equipment bottlenecks
- Review each job as it is imported into the schedule throughout the day
- Alert sales when scheduling conflicts arise, or due dates are not achievable at the job entry
- Add OT or Rush Change Orders as needed for jobs that fall outside actual production times and standards
- Preside over daily production meetings with all department managers
- Schedule pre-production meetings as needed to review launches, complex or multi component kit jobs, with the appropriate people.
- Have an advanced knowledge of computers Microsoft Suite, Mail Manger (knowledge of PSI, Job Track and Prestige is a plus)
- Meet company and departmental standards, including: Customer Requirements, Compliance, Safety, Quality, etc.
- Follow Lahlouh ISO Quality Procedures and Work Instructions, and complete forms and checklists as necessary
- Follow Lahlouh policies outlined in the company handbook
- Work extended hours, as business needs dictate
- Perform other duties as required
- Attend and/or host company and department meetings
Position Specific Skills & Competencies:
- Good overall knowledge of company workflow, advanced knowledge of department workflow and requirements
- Work with employees to keep production floor clean and organized, this means incorporating a new culture at times to change the efficiencies and safety
- Conduct daily departmental meeting with key staff and work closely with the Floor Lead
- Review, follow, and question information provided – require clarity and consistency from prior departments
- Attend production meetings and be prepared to answer questions regarding jobs as well as communicate material needs in order to meet mail drop dates in a timely fashion
- Responsible for accurate and complete daily, weekly and monthly reports
- Create reports and/or provide feedback to upper management
- Ability to sit, stand, and/or walk for prolonged periods of time
- BS or AA degree in Graphic communications preferred or High School diploma with pertinent experience.
- Professional certification e.g. APICS or other Production and Inventory Management certificates a plus.