Bindery Operator - Stitcher
Lahlouh’s business model is built on solving end to end supply chain problems not simply processing transactional print orders. Lahlouh is a partner that focuses on developing collaborative, comprehensive solutions that endeavor to meet all the communication needs of our clients’ dynamic and evolving marketplaces.
Lahlouh's mission is to provide the highest quality, most cost-effective business communications solutions available.
Core capabilities include:
• Sheet-fed offset print • Fulfillment / Distribution logistics
• Dynamic digital print • Packaging Design
• Mailing • Marketing promotions
• Full service bindery and assembly • Promotions
• Online Solutions
Position: Stitcher Operator
Reports to: Bindery/Finishing Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location/Shift: Monroe, Ohio / 2nd Shift
The Stitcher Operator is responsible for operating stitching machines, producing high quality printing jobs, to meet customer and company expectations, in a cost-effective manner while meeting strict deadlines.
Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience operating stitching equipment in a print environment.
Job Duties and General Expectations:
- Excellent eye for detail
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude and ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Communicate effectively with manufacturing personnel
- Have a minimum knowledge of computers (knowledge of PSI is a plus)
- Keep accurate and complete daily records for data collection
- Meet company and departmental standards, including: Customer Requirements, Compliance, Safety, Quality, etc.
- Follow Lahlouh ISO Quality Procedures and Work Instructions, and complete forms and checklists as necessary
- Follow Lahlouh policies outlined in the company handbook
- Work overtime and weekends, and in other departments as business needs dictate
- Perform other duties as required
- Attend department and company meetings
- Assist in training new and temporary employees
- Keep work area clean
Position Specific Skills & Competencies:
- Follow team leader instructions for Bindery processes
- Operating knowledge of stitching machines, including troubleshooting
- Ability to set up various book sizes, including 3, 5 and 6 pockets plus cover feeder and 4th and 5th knives.
- Perform daily, monthly, and quarterly maintenance on stitching equipment
- Keep jobs and production floor clean and organized
- Ability to sit, stand, and/or walk for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to push/pull loaded pallet jacks and/or rolling carts
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds regularly and 75 pounds on occasion
- Communicate any job specifics issues or other pertinent information regarding jobs to the next shift, if necessary
- High school graduate/GED