Lahlouh’s business model is built on solving end to end supply chain problems not simply processing transactional print orders. Lahlouh is a partner that focuses on developing collaborative, comprehensive solutions that endeavor to meet all the communication needs of our clients’ dynamic and evolving marketplaces.
Lahlouh's mission is to provide the highest quality, most cost-effective business communications solutions available.
Core capabilities include:
• Sheet-fed offset printing • Fulfillment / Distribution logistics
• Dynamic digital printing • Packaging Design
• Large Format printing • Mailing
• Marketing promotions • Promotions
• Full service bindery and assembly • Online Solutions
• Marketing Promotions
Position: Vutek Operator
Department: Large Format
Reports to: Director of Large Format Imaging
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Responsible for setting up and operating our Vutek and Inca printers, according to written and/or verbal instructions, established company procedures, safety, and quality guidelines.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives production order and job assignments from manager or schedule.
- Reads job order to verify substrate and quantity to be printed.
- Solves imaging problems and makes adjustments to mechanical operation of device.
- Sets up printer according to established company guidelines, safety, and job requirements
- Prints job maintaining optimum production rate, color density, registration, and quality standard within company and customer guidelines, and makes adjustments as required.
- Completes production records, including DQAC forms, Data Collection and Finished goods reports.
- Ensures proper cleanliness of printer, work station, and immediate area.
- May be required to train others to operate printer.
- Maintains cleanliness of work area and equipment
- Work overtime as necessary.
- Requires considerable computer knowledge and three to five years of digital printing experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have good judgment of color, design, and printing quality.
- Understands digital ink systems and adhesion properties.
- Solid understanding of digital substrates and their uses.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Aptitude to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and employees.
- Capability to work with mathematical concepts. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations of printing jobs.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Capacity to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Carries out conduct and leadership responsibilities in accordance with company policies, procedures, safety, and applicable laws.
- Willing to work overtime when needed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Some independent travel is required.