Lahlouh’s business model is built on solving end to end supply chain problems not simply processing transactional print orders. Lahlouh is a partner that focuses on developing collaborative, comprehensive solutions that endeavor to meet all the communication needs of our clients’ dynamic and evolving marketplaces.
Lahlouh's mission is to provide the highest quality, most cost-effective business communications solutions available.
Core capabilities include:
• Sheet-fed offset print
• Fulfillment / Distribution logistics
• Dynamic digital print
• Packaging Design
• Marketing promotions
• Full service bindery and assembly
• Online Solutions
Position: Data Processor/Mail Prep Specialist
Reports to: Mailing Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location/Shift: Burlingame, CA / Day Shift
Process and cleanse data for use in direct mail campaigns and other distribution methods. This position requires the processing of digital data through strict adherence to company policy, USPS regulations and other regulations where they might apply (e.g. HIPAA).
Education / Experience:
Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or a minimum of 2 years’ experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience processing mailing lists with a mailing software program. Must have strong knowledge of Postal Regulations, mailing list formatting and manipulation processes such as CASS Certification, NCOA, Merge/Purge, Duplicate record removal and Presorting Procedures.
Job Duties and General Expectations:
- Excellent eye for detail
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude and ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task with minimal supervision
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Communicate effectively with manufacturing personnel
- Have advanced knowledge of computer, with excellent typing and 10 key skills (knowledge of PSI is a plus)
- Keep accurate and complete daily records for data collection
- Meet company and departmental standards, including: Customer Requirements, Compliance, Safety, Quality, etc.
- Follow Lahlouh ISO Quality Procedures and Work Instructions, and complete forms and checklists as necessary
- Follow Lahlouh policies outlined in the company handbook
- Work overtime and weekends, as business needs dictate
- Perform other duties as required
- Attend department and company meetings
- Assist in training new and temporary employees
Position Specific Skills & Competencies:
- Follow team leader instructions for Mailing Data Processing processes
- Read and understand job specifications
- Receive mailing list(s) from customer and preflight to check for usability
- Import mailing list(s) into Mail Manager mailing software and generate standard and/or customer-specified reports
- Use Mail Manager to CASS-encode mailing list(s) and process through the USPS National Change of Address (NCOA) database
- Inspect, format and correct (if necessary) client provided mailing lists, by identifying and removing duplicate records and records with a low chance of USPS deliverability
- Create sign-off file(s) for inkjet machines and/or digital presses for live sample creation by formatting and exporting data for production
- Presort customer-approved final mailing list using Mail Manager to obtain discounted mailing rates, prepare documentation for the Post Office
- Work with Project Managers and Sales Representatives to ensure we meet customer requirements and expectations
- Interacting as required with coworkers and customers to answer data processing related questions and to resolve any data related issues
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel and Word, BCC MailManager, Accuzip or similar software
Certification or Licenses:
- Mail Preparation Specialist Certification desired
WHO ARE WE AND WHAT DO WE DO?
WATCH THIS SHORT VIDEO TO FIND OUT!