IT Support/Desktop Technician
- Burlingame, CA
- Full Time
- Mid Level
Lahlouh’s business model is built on solving end to end supply chain problems not simply processing transactional print orders. Lahlouh is a partner that focuses on developing collaborative, comprehensive solutions that endeavor to meet all the communication needs of our clients’ dynamic and evolving marketplaces.
Lahlouh's mission is to provide the highest quality, most cost-effective business communications solutions available.
Core capabilities include:
• Sheet-fed offset print
• Fulfillment / distribution logistics
• Dynamic digital & large format print
• Packaging design & print
• Marketing promotions
• Bindery & finishing
• Promotional Products
• Online (e-commerce) solution
• Workflow automation solutions
Position Title: IT Support/Desktop Technician
Reports To: VP of Information Technology
FLSA Status: Exempt, Days
Location: Burlingame, CA
The leading nation-wide digital printing company Lahlouh, Inc. is looking for a self-motivated and hands-on individual to join our Burlingame, California team as an IT Support/Desktop Technician to provide desktop support services. The IT Support/Desktop Technician will be responsible for installing, configuring, troubleshooting, monitoring, and maintaining the desktop equipment (computers, phones, monitors), peripheral devices, printers, switches, etc. and supporting users.
- Provide Tier 1 desktop support, both onsite and remote, in the following areas:
- Windows Operating Systems
- Desktop computers and laptops: hardware setup/maintenance, OS imaging, upgrades, patching
- Network and local printers
- Phone support
- Monitor helpdesk tickets
- Assist users with password related issues
- Assist users with badge access
- Day-to-day systems performance monitoring and taking corrective actions.
- Problem diagnostics, fault analysis and repair across various devices, including computers, monitors, phones, printers, wireless access points, badge access systems, and security cameras.
- Assisting Systems Administrators with hardware refreshes and OS/software upgrades and patching.
- Perform backups and recovery.
- Work with other teams to identify the source of issues.
- Collaborate with department leaders to assess network/systems/applications/equipment capacity needs.
- Practice systems asset management, including maintenance of desktop components inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- 3+ years of strong hands-on IT Support, Desktop Support or Helpdesk experience.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail and proven problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude.
- Ability to interact patiently, effectively, and professionally with all employees, partners, vendors, etc.
- Demonstrated success in taking direction and working independently.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.