Lahlouh, a leader in the print/fulfillment industry, has an open position for a Material Handling Generalist. No experience is necessary to apply for this position (though if you have some experience you'd be a great addition). We are willing to train the right person. If you haven’t yet embarked on a career or you are looking for a change, this may be the right position for you. In this position you would be trained to receive, pick, pack, and ship orders using UPS and FedEx systems. You will be learning many other warehouse tasks as well. We are also prepared to train and certify you on the forklift, order picker, and reach forklift. This is a great opportunity to either start out in the workforce or learn a new skill set.
- Processing incoming materials for receipt into inventory which includes loading and unloading trucks with a use of a forklift or a pallet jack.
- Records and checks quantity and quality of goods received for conformity and specifications.
- Accurately counts incoming and outgoing materials and tags them for proper ID.
- Examines the receiving documents to ensure accuracy of the delivery.
- Moves materials to designated storage area and properly put-away.
- Issue raw materials to jobs and performs location transfer in the system.
- Documents information related to material handling of goods.
- Distributes or delivers incoming items to appropriate department or recipient.
- Signs for incoming shipments as received.
- Process daily Large/Small press schedule.
- Responsible for accurate and timely processing of all orders from various systems.
- Pulling materials.
- Packing orders.
- Building boxes.
- Kitting & collating materials.
- Sealing and labeling envelopes and/or boxes.
- Preparing materials for shipment and providing documents.
- Complete all tasks accurately and completely in order to meet internal/external customer requirements.
- Manage online and internal daily schedule in various systems.
- Managing and meeting customer requirements.
- Input data into Fulfillment Services applications.
- Create process work-flow to accommodate client’s request.
- Coordinating with other departments to meet deadlines
- Cycle and physical counting to verify accuracy on a regular basis.
- Verifies clerical computations against physical count of stock.
- Investigates and reports reasons for discrepancy and errors.
- Input data into various systems and applications
- Maintains records and coordinates the daily inspection of equipment.
The position is full time with a standard benefit package. The pay depends on experience, but if you are starting with no experience in this field then your pay will increase periodically as certain benchmarks in training are met. The hours are between 7-9am to 3:30-5:30pm but a slightly earlier or later start time is negotiable. You will be working in a warehouse environment which may occasionally require you to work outside with cold/hot weather. You may also be exposed to fumes or airborne particles and chemicals. The noise level is usually moderate, but occasionally high and you may occasionally work near moving mechanical machinery.
The physical demands are as follows:
- The employee is frequently required to sit, walk, talk or hear.
- Use of hands and fingers to handle or operate objects, tools, or controls.
- Frequently lifts and/or moves up to 45 lbs and occasionally lifts and/or moves items up to 100 lbs
- Ability to handle heights.
- Able to pull/push more than 1,500 pounds using a cart or pallet jack.
Please send your resume that details any experience that you have. If you lack experience please send me a little about yourself and why you think you’d like to be trained in this field.
What we do....