Quality Control - Entry Level
Lahlouh’s business model is built on solving end to end supply chain problems not simply processing transactional print orders. Lahlouh is a partner that focuses on developing collaborative, comprehensive solutions that endeavor to meet all the communication needs of our clients’ dynamic and evolving marketplaces.
Lahlouh's mission is to provide the highest quality, most cost-effective business communications solutions available.
Core capabilities include:
• Sheet-fed offset print • Fulfillment / Distribution logistics
• Dynamic digital print • Packaging Design
• Mailing • Marketing promotions
• Full service bindery and assembly • Promotions
• Online Solutions
Position: Quality Control
Reports to: Bindery Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location/Shift: Burlingame, CA / Day
Perform inspection to assure quality standards are met - specific to print/ bindery quality defects. Responsible to select, properly package, and label samples further production for outside delivery. Represent the company's mission of providing a high-quality product / service.
Job Duties and General Expectations:
- Responsible for meeting company and departmental standards, including: Customer Requirements, Compliance, Safety, Quality, and Quantity.
- Work with a job in the most effective manner.
- Communicate the expected time to complete tasks.
- Review, follow, and question information provided - require clarity and consistency.
- Able to communicate well, including both sharing and listening with Lahlouh Team.
- Follow Lahlouh ISO Quality Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Complete or update logs, checklists, forms, etc.
- Enforce departmental standards to be followed - including departments other than your own.
- Perform required record-keeping, organization, and equipment maintenance.
- When applicable, submit Injury Reports, Kudos, Non-Conformance Reports, etc.
- Follow Lahlouh policies outlined in the company handbook.
- Work over-time and perform other duties as assigned.
- Work safely and do your part in creating a healthy environment.
Position Specific Skills & Competencies:
- Experience with reviewing print quality is required
- Working knowledge of PC platform.
- Working knowledge of applicable modules and reports of current MIS Solution(s).
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word, PDF Reader, computer navigation, internet browsing, etc.
- Excellent understanding of quality requirements, tolerances, and quality inspection / equipment.
- Comfortable with overall manufacturing workflow.
- Average verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently in fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Must possess a strong attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Basic understanding of ANSI Inspection requirements.
- Able to use a densitometer, spectrophotometer, paper caliper, etc.
- Perform various clerical duties as required including count recording, record keeping, filing, etc.
- Communicate quality issues to appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Sort samples for consistency, variation, and defects
- Inspect and sort samples for quality attributes, color, register, cut off, folds, etc.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds regularly and 75 pounds on occasion
- High school graduate/GED